Dr. Ramachandra. N Moorthy Fund for Mental Health & Neurosciences Training:
- The Fund will be created from the generous donations given by Dr. Ramachandra N. Moorthy to NIMHANS for this purpose.
- The activities conducted through this fund will always acknowledge and credit Dr. Ramachandra N. Moorthy, and whenever possible the activity can be so called as for example Dr. Ramachandra N. Moorthy Training Programme â€¦. etc
- This Fund will be used mainly for academic and training activities related to Mental Health organized, conducted or approved by NIMHANS.
- The fund utilization will be co-ordinated by a Committee, specially constituted for this purpose. The committee will meet periodically to conduct the activities and supervise the utilization of the fund.
- The Committee would consist of :-
- The Director, NIMHANS (by position) and ex-officio;
- Registrar NIMHANS (ex-officio);
- Finance Officer (ex-officio);
- Dr. S.K. Chaturvedi, Member Secretary and Professor
- Other representatives from the field of Mental Health and those representing different cadres of professionals, like Additional Professor/Associate Professor,Â Â Assistant Professor, Ph.D – Scholar/Trainee. [to be identified]
- External Member/ Expert and [Dr. Mohan K. Isaac is proposed to be the External Expert Member in the Committee]
- Whenever needed an Area /subject Expert may be co-opted.
Necessary secretarial assistance and staff for these activities can be met through the funds of this programme.
- The Training/Academic activities which can be conducted under this fund can be
- Continuing Medical Education,
- Seminars, Lectures
- Training programmes â€“ short term and long term
- Scholarships to trainees,
- Visiting fellowships,
- Setting up of Chair,
- Educational research and
- Any similar activities which the Committee may suggests or approves
The fund should not be ordinarily used for attending conferences and meetings.
- The guidelines proposed for funding such activities will be laid down and monitored by the committee. Applications will be called for conducting or participating in one of the above mentioned activities and this Committee will decide the amount of funding and select the prospective candidates whenever it is competitive.
- The fund would be kept in a separate head of account and the interest of the fund will be used for annual activities. It is proposed that, initially there will be short term deposits of the fund which will be later made into annual or long term deposit funds.
- The accounts will be audited periodically and the activities under this fund will be shared with the different bodies of the Institute, including the staff and faculty.
- Periodic publications based on the activities of this Dr. Ramachandra N. Moorthy fund will be done or ensured.
For Purpose, Eligibility for Proposal Calls Application Click Here