Skip to content
- Born, raised and educated in Mysore city
- Was first in the state in Natural Science and Intermediate
- Joined Medical College, Mysore, Government of India scholarship was awarded.
- Graduated in December 1958 and completed one year internship at KR Hospital, Mysore.
- Did one year internship in 1960 in Detroit Michigan, followed by two year residency training followed by final year completion in Vancouver.
- Obtained FRCP (Canada) in Psychiatry in December 1968.
- Special interest in psycho dynamically insight oriented psychotherapy in Richmond Suburb of Vancouver.
- Was the first full time psychiatrist at Richmond Hospital and to pen psychiatric unit of 16beds in that general hospital in 1980.
- First chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Richmond Hospital and the first unit doctor.
- Donated two lakhs dollars towards the psychiatric unit of Richmond Hospital
- Instituted Ramachandra N Moorthy award in the field of Psychiatry at IMA annually.
- Donated Rs. 2 lakhs towards the auditorium of Mysore Medical College.
- Donated Rs. 2 lakhs to NIMHANS – 1,00,000 meant for the oration and Rs.1,00,000 for prizes for the best outgoing student of M.Phil in the discipline of Neurophysiology and Biophysics.
- Donated approximately 3.25 Crores as the Dr Ramachandra N Moorthy Foundation Fund for academic and training activities in the field of mental health at NIMHANS.